Continuing from yesterday’s thoughts on East Asian entertainment available on Netflix, I thought I’d also throw together a few recommendations for high quality anime available there.
1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
2. Trigun and Trigun: Badlands Rumble
3. Attack on Titan (see my post on Mikasa at Part Time Monster)
4. Knights of Sidonia (review forthcoming)
5. Samurai Champloo
6. Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne (caution: this one is most definitely not for kids, though none of these truly are)
I hope those of you who check these out enjoy them. And those of you who have already experienced these anime should feel free to discuss them in the comments below.
This has been a rough week for a few reasons, but I’ve made it through and am taking pains to make sure some of the bad experiences from the past few days don’t repeat. Here’s to better times ahead with more (and relevant) Battlestar Galactica music.
“The Shape of Things to Come” from the Battlestar Galactica season 1 soundtrack composed by Bear McCreary.
I’ve been binge watching this on Netflix lately and strongly recommend it. I’ll be reviewing it soon, I think. As much as there is familiar about it (big robots, alien monsters, etc.), there are some unique and interesting aspects of the story I’d like to talk about. Stay tuned for more of my thoughts on Knights of Sidonia.